16 February 2014

"Dear Food Thoughtz:" Too Much Care

Today's Dear Food Thoughtz deals with an ungrateful daughter.  If you are ungrateful for any food you have received, please write in to food.thoughtz@gmail.com
Dear Food Thoughtz

My mum is the best. I don't have to tell you that. She is always sending care packages that really are full of so much care! Socks, Lindt chocolate, angry letters from Canada Revenue, you name it. I remember once on my birthday she sent me a cake mix, 1/3 cup of oil, and an egg - everything I needed to make my own birthday cake. She even included a container of icing and a spatula! But this time she went too far. I picked up a package from her almost 2 weeks ago, and along with the usual things (mostly all the things I had left at her house over Christmas, like my daughter's party dress and the timer for my new percolator), she included a cake. Like, a fully baked cake, with some sort of raspberry filling. And a tub of homemade icing. Her argument was that it was a Valentine's cake, and I mean, sure. It's shaped like a heart. But her instructions were to put it in the freezer and save it until Valentine's day. 

I'm serious.

She wanted me to put the cake and the icing in the freezer, and let it sit there for 2 full weeks. Adding to the absurdity, she then suggested I should share it with my grandparents. 

So what I want to know is...what was she THINKING?! And more importantly, is she mad at me for something? Because why else would she send me an entire cake in the mail and then instruct me NOT to eat it?

Help me!
Crushed by the burden of cake

Dear CbtBoC

A few days have passed since Valentine's Day.  Is it too late to Loomis me that cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment